Components of a team of Digital Analytics
- Someone who can tell what the business objectives are
- Someone who understand analytics, the tools and what to expect from a measurement plan
Research pre-implementation of Digital Analytics
- Briefing from the business stakeholder: objectives of a measurement plan can be for instance to get information about sales and the performance of campaigns on a daily basis rather than monthly.
- Meeting with the technical team: history of the server technology and implementation.
- Get together the analytics expert and the developers to implement the measurement plan.
- Gather data, analyse it and discuss it with the business stakeholders. Are the data good and sufficient? What needs to change in the plan?
5 steps of Digital Analytics
- document business objectives
- identify strategies and tactics. Examples of tactics are selling online products or services
- define Key Performance Indicators KPIs. Example: total revenue and average value per transaction or order
- choose segments. Example: marketing channel like email campaigns
- choose targets